Paddlers may be assured that fees in Victoria still remain significantly lower than those in other States. For many years Victorian paddler’s registration and entry fees have been heavily supplemented by City of Melbourne however this sponsorship has decreased substantially over the last few years. DBV continues to generate a healthy income from corporate team building activities and boat hire and we make every effort to ensure that regattas show at least a modest financial gain.
As our dragon boat fleet ages and we also find ourselves maintaining a more extensive inventory of regatta equipment, the cost of upkeep and insurance is increasing substantially.
Annual Paddler Registration and Facility Fees
1. Annual DBV Registration Fee
$75.00 per person, includes DBV, paddler insurance, AusDBF and IDBF registration and the right to enter DBV, Interstate, AusDBF and International events. A reduced annual fee of $40.00 for Juniors and Full Time Students. All registered club members will be issued with a DBV ID card.
2. Annual Agreement for Clubs to use Docklands Shed 2
$30.00 per person. Each Club will need to appoint a representative to sign and submit an Agreement on the form to be posted on the DBV website under a Latest News article entitled "Agreement of Obligations and Responsibilities". Juniors and Students $20.00
3. Annual Agreement for Clubs to use Yarra Facility
The Yarra compound has been closed until further notice due to construction works on the Richmond Rowing Club.
Regatta Entry Fees
The regatta fees shown below are indicative and may change when we get closer to the date!
1. WTC Wharf Cup - 18 November 2012 - WTC Wharf - $20.00 full, $10.00 juniors and full time students
2. Docklands Cup – 2 December 2012 - Docklands - $30.00 full, $15.00 juniors and full time students
3. Chinese New Year – 17 February 2013 - WTC Wharf - $30.00 full, $15.00 juniors and full time students
4. Melbourne International DB Festival (MIDBF) – 24 March 2012 - Docklands - $35.00 per person. Juniors and Students $20.00
For Regional Events: See "Events" tab on DBV website for further information.
Corporate and Sponsorship
1. Corporate Identification per Event Entered: $425.00 plus relevant entry fee. In accordance with a long standing practice, only teams paying the relevant corporate fees may enter under a commercial or sponsors name to compete in events.
2. Boat Signage First Year (including boat signage): $850.00
3. Boat Signage Subsequent Years (assuming no re-painting): $425.00
4. Corporate Team Building/Promotional Events: $770.00 per boat/team (GST Inc)